Housing In Nashville, TN – What To Expect In Music City
If you’re relocating to the area and are looking for housing in Nashville, TN, you might want to do a little research so you know what to expect. From expansive homes to urban condos, Music City has a little bit of everything to offer. Let’s take a peek at some of the things you should know before moving to the South!
- Getting around – If you move to the outskirts of the city and plan on commuting to work, you might want to reevaluate your method of transportation. While other cities across the country boast multiple ways to get around, Nashville is primarily a city of car commuters. Very few people utilize biking here and public transportation isn’t as popular as you might think.
- Youthful living – Housing in Nashville, TN certainly reflects its main demographic in that it’s updated, fun, and affordable. Recent reports show that the median age of Nashville residents is 36, so it’s a relatively young city. Not only does this mean that finding a place to live will be within reach, but there are also a ton of great activities going on at nearly any given time.
- Pressure to buy – There’s nothing wrong with moving to an area to see how you like it before instantly making a purchase in the real estate market, and Nashville is the perfect place to do just that. Only slightly more than half of residents are homeowners, so you’ll have no problem finding a place to rent before deciding to settle down.
- Affordable living – Average home prices in Nashville are still very reasonable, despite the fact that more than 100 people on average move there every single day! The median home sale price is right around $287,000, so single individuals or young families have the opportunity for homeownership well within their reach.
- Investment opportunities – Let’s say you want to buy a home and rent it out in Music City. You’ll probably have a lot of success in this method of making a profit, as average rental prices are only slightly shy of $2,000 per month. Assuming you buy a reasonably priced home, you’ll definitely be seeing major returns on your purchase.
- Amenities galore – One of the great things about housing in Nashville, TN is that you can get an amazing house for a truly affordable price. A quick search of real estate listings shows homes with hardwood floors, backyard pools, and more. Remodeled kitchens with stainless steel appliances aren’t hard to find, and square footage is plentiful once you get outside of the city center.
By now you’re probably sold on the idea of moving to Nashville, right? If you need help exploring your real estate options, contact the team at Hōmage Properties today. Our experts know Nashville like the back of their hand and can help you determine your ultimate real estate goals.
If you have more questions, please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. Hōmage Properties is here to help you buy, sell, or explore real estate investment opportunities.